As the haze lifts after an amazing 3 days for YourLink at CeBIT Australia 2016 last week, we reflect on the incredible feedback we have received and how proud we are to have been in the same room as leading technology providers and startups. We weren’t sure what to expect, however, we very quickly realised that what we’ve set out to tackle is an issue that resonates with all parts of the community including government and technology organisations. The consensus is that the problem exists and YourLink has the potential to make a significant difference to the lives of seniors.
YourLink Highlights from CeBIT Australia 2016:
- With every conversation we gained knowledge, reassurance or a champion for what YourLink strives to do - Connecting seniors with life. One of our favourite comments we received was:
“ That’s by far the most interesting thing I have seen all day”
- On Monday, NSW Premier, Mr Mike Baird, spoke about NSW being the startup state and how the government is improving the support for startups through a range of initiatives.
- On Tuesday, NSW Minister for Health, Ms Jillian Skinner, spoke about the government’s newly launched eHealth policy and the importance of embracing innovative technology to tackle the health and social isolation challenges NSW is facing.
- On Tuesday, Dr Jill Freyne, from the CSIRO spoke following the NSW Minister for Health about the incredibly innovative approaches they are fostering using smart devices to support ageing at home through behaviour.
- On Tuesday evening, the CeBIT business Technology Awards took place. YourLink was truly honoured to be a finalist and although we didn’t win, we feel like we have won.
- On Wednesday morning, Minister for Regional Economic Development and Small Business, Mr John Barilaro, spoke about the importance of Regional Australia and fostering startups and business in these areas. YourLink is thrilled to have our roots in regional NSW with one of our founders located in Orange, development partners in Bathurst and initial launch areas were Orange, Bathurst and Dubbo.
- On Wednesday afternoon, we managed to pop in and see a couple of the Pitchfest pitches. Well done to all the startups who bravely put themselves on stage in front of hundreds and we have the utmost respect for you all. As we move towards raising funds to grow and scale YourLink to bring benefit to more communities across NSW and Australia, we were able to learn and understand more about this process.
Finally, we know we still have a lot of work ahead but the overwhelming response we have received makes us incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved on finite resources and gives us further enthusiasm and passion to keep striving for more.
We’d love to chat.
YourLink for iPad available now
Official CeBIT Australia 2016 Photos Courtesy CeBIT Australia and available at https://www.flickr.com/photos/cebitaus/